Search Our Site



Question:  How do I obtain copies of police reports or accident reports?

Answer:  For accident reports visit or contact the Business Office at (715) 232-2198.  For police reports contact Records Technician Meghan Cartmill at (715) 231-8514 to make the request. Records are released in compliance with Wisconsin's Open Records Law. A copy fee may be charged for the request. Please call for current copy prices.


Question:  Where do I pay parking tickets?

Answer:  City parking tickets can be paid in one of three ways:

You may mail the fine amount in the provided envelope (make sure the address shows on the outside) or drop it in a collection box downtown. Payment may be made by check or money order. DO NOT SEND CASH.

You may pay in person at the Menomonie Police Department during business hours.

You may pay by electronic check or credit card at this address:

 Please note:  if your vehicle's registration has been suspended you may not pay online.


Question:  Where do I pay traffic tickets?

Answer:  Traffic tickets, liquor law tickets and city ordinance tickets are paid at the Dunn County Clerk of Courts office at 615 Stokke Parkway, Menomonie, WI 54751. They can be contacted at (715) 232-2611.


Question:  What is bike licensing and how do I obtain one?

Answer:  A bike license is a registration of your bicycle with the police department in case your bike is ever stolen. When you register your bike, the bike's serial number and description is kept on file. The serial number assists us with entering your bike as stolen in a national database and also assists us in returning the bike to you if it is located. A registration sticker is provided to you for your bike as well. Bike licensing is not mandatory. A two dollar ($2.00) service fee is charged.


Question:  Does the Menomonie Police Department do fingerprinting for job applications?

Answer:  Yes. The Menomonie Police Department does fingerprinting every Thursday from 9:00am-12:00, on a first come, first serve basis: NOT BY APPOINTMENT. The fee for fingerprinting is $20 for one set, $30 for more than one set. Acceptable means of payment are cash or check, we do not accept credit or debit cards. For further information contact the Menomonie Police Department at 715-232-2198.


Question:  Does the Menomonie Police Department do vehicle registration?

Answer:  Yes.  For City of Menomonie residents the police department is able to handle basic vehicle registrations needing a temporary license plate.  Please bring the title signed by yourself and the previous owner.  The payment will need to be in the form of a check or money order made payable to Registration Fee Trust.  A five dollar ($5) counter service fee will be charged in addition to any state registration.  If you are transferring your old license plate to the new vehicle you may handle the registration on your own.  You may pick the MV1 form up at our office or from the DMV website at under driver's and vehicles and then forms.  You will need to keep a copy of the MV1 form in the vehicle to serve as your proof of registration until the state mails you the vehicle registration.  If you do not live inside the City of Menomonie, the Dunn County Sheriff's Office also handles registrations.


Question:  Where do I renew my registration tabs?

Answer:  At the Holiday Station Store at 1805 N. Broadway, Menomonie.


Question:  How do I get a restraining order?

Answer:  Contact the Dunn County District Attorney's Office at (715) 232-1687.


Question:  What is the phone number for the Dunn County Jail or the Dunn County Sheriff's Department?

Answer:  The non-emergency phone number for the Sheriff's Department is (715) 232-1348. The number for the Dunn County Jail is (715) 232-2220.