The mission of the Menomonie Parks and Recreation Department is to be a leading provider or facilitator of high quality recreation services, programs and facilities that will improve the quality of life for the citizens of Menomonie.
- Maintain effective relationships with the community via the Recreation Advisory Board and City Council.
- Be involved in planning for community recreation needs of today and the future.
- Provide innovative organizational approaches in providing services.
- Provide qualified and professional staff to direct, supervise and lead programs.
- Operate the department in the most efficient and economical manner possible.
- To provide the best balance possible between the various types of programs so as to provide activities which are of interest to the total population.
- Make every effort to ensure that facilities and parks are acquired, built and used in a planned and systematic manner.
- Provide safe programs and facilities for all residents.